The last 2 weeks have flown by and here we are again at the start of a new Stamp Man challenge.
This time the theme is embossing, of any kind you fancy using, with any technique. Use embossing powders, or even embossing stencils and paste, your choice.
We have a new Design Team Member, Neil of Neelz Expressionz, who is our host for the next fortnight, so please do visit our challenge blog to read all about it
My project started off as a plain looking address/birthday book, if you flip it over, the cover is for the address part, so I had 2 covers to alter.
I wanted each cover to be a little different to make it easier to open it on the right side.
I gathered some bits together to use, I've been itching to play with Tim's new distress stains, so picked the nearest colours that are available to match the embossed piece I wanted to use.
Here's the list of things I used:
7 Gypsy stickers - sale room in shop.
I used Moonglow 2 tone embossing powder in poinsettia red/green onto 2 pieces of thick Magenta 2" square chipboard. You can see how thick it is in the photo below and when I say red/green ep, I mean the red and the green in the same jar! (When you tilt the finished piece you can see red, green or both colours).
I added a few layers of the magic powder before stamping into it with Hero Arts S5449 Fabulous Flourish.
I love this poinsettia red/green powder!!
I also loved the texture of the original book cover so I didn't want to cover it all in paper.
I painted it with gesso as the cover was coated and I also wanted to start with a blank canvas.
Once it was dry I got down to playing with the stains and other bits and pieces. The next 2 photos show the embossing on Tim's new Kraft Resist paper, I used the stains and the embossing that is already on the papers just pops through, so there is more embossing that the main UTEE piece. It wasn't easy to photograph but you can just see it.
This photo shows it a little better, the writing is resisting! There is also some script, in black, that comes pre-printed on there too. It's just one of the papers in the pad. The sheets are quite thick, so excellent quality, and I can see it is going to be a joy to use in future.
Here are the finished covers. I used some 7 Gypsy stickers, along with a B alphabet sticker, so I know it's the birthday side. I'm terrible about having things to fiddle with, especially on the phone and as I usually have it nearby I had to have some moving parts on there. I can open and close the hinge clip, spin the game spinner and swivel the photo tab (the photo tab is from the same range as is in the Blog Candy prize).
I also added some pieces of a page from an antique account book that I have been stroking for FAR TOO LONG... too long for my own good (I must have been treasuring it for at least 15 years!).... So, I've now used a few pieces of it and I can still stroke and enjoy it :D
I added one of Tim's new pen nibs to the address cover, I will probably regret it when I keep catching myself on it, but hey ho, it HAD to be included!
The colours aren't showing too well in the photos but I think you can see enough.
I hope you will join us in our new challenge.
* * * * *
I've had a bit of a move around on our website this week, I've added some new things too, plus I'm trying to get more of what we do stock in the shop on there. I hope you will be able to find things OK, it's my intention to make things easier to find, especially all the Tim stuff as there is so much of it now! We'll see how this way works. Basically I've put Tim and all the other Ranger designers into a Ranger section, it might take a bit of getting used to!!