Wednesday 27 October 2010

Frosty morning


I used Tim's Reindeer Flight stamp set to create this frosty misty morning card, or that's what it reminds me of!!  All three stamps are in the set.

I embossed the largest scalloped circle and the reindeer with Moonglow Embossing Powder Twilight Blue Slate. As you can see I left the shimmery powder on the background of the smaller scalloped circle.  I just checked on our website and found that it is showing the wrong picture but you can see the proper colour on the card.  It is one of the powders that I'd never actually tried, I don't know how I missed that one in the 10 years we've been selling them, but I love it and must use it again soon!!  We have the EP's on special offer at the moment if you fancy trying them.  I will be showing more cards I've made with them soon as I'm really getting into them again.

I used the thickest card I could cut with a nestie and applied several layers of EP onto the larger circle before stamping into it to create a pattern. 

I'm not totally sure which distress ink I used for the stamping and inking, I think it was chipped sapphire, I'll have to have a look!

Thanks for visiting!!

Jill

7 comments:

  1. oh wow this s stunning off to check out those DP's now.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card - like the circle in front of those gorgeous trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill. Your Christmas cards are stunning. I love them all but the TH Santa has to be my favourite, the Black and white scheme is so different. I shall have to look out for that stamp!
    The weather's not been too bad has it after a wet start on Tuesday. We were in Skipton today and it was lovely.
    Hope all is good with you.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Jill. Definitely misty and frosty. Love the reindeer, and the colours. That EP is really beautiful, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!