Tuesday 28 April 2009

Prairie Wildflower with Agaphanthus Long stamp


The first card I am adding is a simple design where I used some of my favourite things, these being Starburst Stains and one of the 3 Agapanthus stamps from Stampendous.

I used the Prairie Wildflower set of stains for the first time recently. From the colour charts I made of all the sets it wasn't one that leapt out and said "try me". Also, it was neglected as I was too busy playing with all the other yummy sets. Anyhow, I was truly amazed at the variety of colours I achieved from the set, not surprising really as it contains primary colours, but I just hadn't focused on it's potential. I demonstrated with this set at the Harrogate Papercraft show in March and came home with a huge variety of background papers in various shades of greens, browns, pinks, purples.

I am into lime and purple at the moment so this card got me warmed up to make the tag book that I will be adding here another time. I took the words that are embossed on the vellum from one of our latest stamps sheets, Butterfly Garden (designed by Tracey Coates). The front of the card is covered with a piece of scrunch paper, and the topper has been misted. I embossed the design with Moonglow Venus Violet Blue embossing powder.

Ha ha! Now you can see how much I can ramble on... even for a simple card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always really appreciated!