Saturday 27 June 2009

Workshop today

Had a brilliant day with Jill Boulton as teacher at the workshop today and I got to play! Yippee!! A great day to finish a week of accounts and the VAT return.

This morning we worked on a canvas, we stamped and coloured on grunge paper and self adhesive canvas sheets using Adirondack Paint Dabbers and added a bit of shimmer with Starburst Stains. We played with the melt pot this afternoon, trying a number of different techniques which was great fun!

I don't have any photos to show just yet and as soon as I've done something with the UTEE elements, and finished my canvas I'll let you see. I broke off to serve here and there so got a bit behind.

We had 3 Jill's in the class again, but we coped well enough... I got to see Janet W's 2 finished tag books too. Two ladies travelled from Nottinghamshire, a long day for them, but I was pleased that they enjoyed the day visiting us. Thanks again Jill B, it was another excellent day.

Do pop over to Kay's blog this weekend and get your name down for the next lot of blog candy, it's the Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet this time.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend too!!

Jill

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, it must make such a nice change playing rather than teaching :) Cant wait to see the canvas, sounds fab:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day Jill. Can't wait to see the finished results.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, It was lovely to share the workshop with you today. I know I speak for Jo too when I say we had a great day, albeit a long one (gone 7.00 pm when I got in and even later for Jo). As soon as I put the finishing touches to my canvas I'll post photos on my blog of my bits and pieces.

    Please thank Jill B for me next time she's with you and hope it's not too long before we can get to Skipton for another workshop.

    Lesley Xx

    PS Thank Ian for fetching the bacon butties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and Jo enjoyed your day despite the long journey, you were both great company and we hope you can visit us again soon. Will look forward to seeing your finished canvas.

    I'll pass the messages on.

    Thanks again for coming.

    Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It went all too fast, Jill. I was so pleased with what I made and we had quite a giggle, didn't we? Those butties certainly solved our lunch dilemma, so thanks, Ian. We hope to be back before too long to learn the rest of the techniques Jill B was promising.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!