The Final Part
I wanted to put some metal through my Cuttlebug but of course I didn't have any handy! I had some pieces I'd made for Christmas cards that I hadn't used but they were coloured green with alcohol inks. I'd already embossed them so the reverse although silver was debossed with the patterns. I thought that as they are gears it wouldn't matter much that they were a bit battered looking.
I left some of them silver and applied latte alcohol ink to parts of others, but this is optional.
While I'm talking about Latte alcohol ink, I found it a great colour match with the Pumice Stone Distress Ink pad, and that the Pumice Stone is about the same shade as Tim's Adage Tickets, just some info I thought I'd share with you!
You can also emboss the metal with Walnut Hollow or Ten Second Studio tools to create the patterns yourself. These have all been through my Cuttlebug mainly with the Dots and Spots folder.
This photo shows all the other cogs/gears. I also cut some from silver mirror card, they look black in the photo though! I Cuttlebugged some of them with the Swiss Dots folder. The smaller ones are the Shrink Plastic cogs and the coloured card with the Pumice Stone and Stormy Sky are also shown.
MAKING UP THE CARD
The base card is slightly under 8" x 8" (19cms x 19cms). I didn't have a prepacked large square card so made my own. I also didn't have any A3 card. So I cut pieces from A4 card, one 1" longer than the size I wanted which I scored at 1" and fixed to the back of the square piece as below. The longer border that is stamped with the clock background hides the join.
To make the easel fold, score half way across the front of the card
I think you will be able to follow where the pieces of card are fixed so rather than waffle on about that, here are a few tips.
I wanted thin silver edging half way down on the fold on the front of the card to hide the join as I have used distress inks on the bottom panel, it separates the white and the blue. I wanted another at the back of the panel of base card (where all the cogs are). Rather than struggle putting glue onto a thin slice of card, I put double sided tape on the back of the silver mirri card then trimmed it down.
You can get it as fine as you want it this way.
This shows the base panel added and where I have started with a layers of cogs. I used silicone glue between the layers to build them up.
If you look at the picture above you will see I've added silver and black nailheads, these are domed glossy self-adhesive dots that look like brads but are less bulky. They just add a bit more detail.
When adding silcone glue to the clocks, avoid the centre area where the brads are so that the hands will still move round.
I have also added a couple of Tim Holtz Ideology Cogs under the rabbits feet so it appears that he is running across them. They are not shown in the picture above, I will post the completely finished card in another post that shows all the extra detail.
Well, I think that's all I can say about the card. If there is anything I've missed out you'd better email me!
Many thanks for taking the time to look.
I hope you are having a great Easter weekend.