Tuesday 8 December 2009

Butterfly Beauties and Moonshadow Ink


Good morning!

Well, the blog hop has ended now, I believe the Tuesday Tagger's will be announcing the winners of the prizes tomorrow, so pop over tomorrow to see if you have won!

Today's card is another from the show on 28th November, with the same Butterfly Beauties sheet, Moonshadow inks, and course salt.

We had acetate on the show along with Timber Brown Stazon which worked well with the butterfly image.



I added some nailhead embellishments on the acetate and wording strip to add a little bling.



I cut the wording panel and threaded through a Moonglow card strip as a change from using ribbon.



You can see the little flowers made with the salt and ink.

Just to answer a couple of the comments from yesterday's post...

Wilma, you mentioned that you missed the show, well I have been asked back for another show on Saturday 16th January, 11am, they have asked me to do a techniques show and they will also have the DVD I made.  It covers the 8 products in the Moonglow range but mainly features techniques with Moonshadow Inks.

McKinkle, I usually do my messy stuff in the kitchen, spread lots of paper out and it shouldn't be too messy, although I have to admit to hitting the toaster and kettle before now with the Moonshadow Mists when I've got carried away!  But it all cleans off.  If you have a non-stick craft sheet you'll find it a lot easier to keep the area clean.

Jill

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE this card and the one from yesterday's post. The backgrounds to them are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How effective is that butterfly on acetate!! And of course the background is stunning as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! The background particularly is wonderful, & the butterful is gorgeous. It works so well with the acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, I am loving what you are showing with Moonshadow Inks and Tracey's stamps. You are so thoughful in sharing your 'how to' with your posts.
    Another gorgeous card
    Love & Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your backgrounds ... totally LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and totally gorgeous backgrounds....FAB :O))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had an amazing time looking through your blog - what gorgeous work and awesome stamps. I will be visiting you every day now - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jill. Don't Christmas cards just get in the way of proper crafting!!!
    I love these salty backgrounds with the moon shadow. Another technique to try. The trouble is I keep buying them after seeing you demonstrate another colour and then you show us another and I want that too. The Bucaneer blue is just gorgeous. That's another visit after Christmas!!!
    I had to smile at your comments about spraying in the kitchen. I'm never that tidy and do it at the dining table. We now have a very glimmery table and our black cat sat in wet Phantom Fushia yesterday so now has a glimmery bottom!!! Doesn't seem to bother her though.
    Looking forward to your next C&C show.
    Happy Crafting.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks jill-youve managed to read it then xxxi know youve been so busy lately.
    love these two cards and they look even better in the flesh.i was admiring them on monday.they are soo scrummy.you are such a clever lady and you achieve just stunning results with moonglow.
    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps.even if the bottle does clog up LIVE on tv!!!lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!