Friday 11 December 2009

Jo's cards from our last show



Jo recently joined our design team and kindly made these cards for us for the last show.  Jo hadn't photographed them before she sent them to me so I'm showing them here as we are keeping hold of the cards for a while so people can see them in real life in the shop.

The first card features another way of using the butterfly of acetate.  Jo has also used 2 of the smaller stamps on the sheet to stamp the background.  I think this is a really pretty card.



The next card is from the same stamp sheet, it's the design I've been calling the bling maiden!  Jo has used gold leafing and a white gel pen to highlight parts of the design.



I love the Glitz Spritz background Jo has made for the fairy frame.  It's subtle but still lovely and shimmery! 



Now onto the Classical Instruments sheet, Jo has used mica pigment powders to add colour to the guitar.




This card has an acetate overlay.  Jo stamped the violin onto the acetate with Timber Brown Stazon ink and has added gold leafing to the body of the violin, unfortunately my picture doesn't show how lovely it looks.  The stamped swirls on the acetate are a great frame idea. 

Moonshadow ink has been used on the base white card.



Thank you for all of them Jo! 

Jo is a Springer Spaniel lover hence the name of her blog, The Life and Creations of a Springer-Lovin Paper Stroker...  A great name for a blog!  Do go and visit Jo's blog she has some great stuff over there!

Thanks for visiting

Jill

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    thanks for showing Jo's beautiful cards on your blog.
    I love them all, congrats to Jo, another talented crafter
    Hugs
    Christine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy wow... these are amazingly gorgeous... i love that last one the most - show them off proudly! wonderful work, Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are beyond fantastic,
    thank you for sharing,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These certainly are stunning cards, you have a very talented design team, Jill. I love the layered acetate butterfly, that is just beautiful.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to Jo. These are absolutely stunning cards. I bought the Classical Instruments plate from you at The Dome but haven't had chance to use it yet and it's starting to annoy me now, Lol.

    Thanks for showing them to us Jill.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these are stunning what brilliant creations,this is my first time on here and really loveing those stamps love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards from Jo... she is talented. I LOVED your show with Tracey btw. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. MUCH appreciated!! Hip doing well but knee giving me hell!!!
    Love and light
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful, but I particularly like the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That butterfly is just beautiful! This is such a perfect image for that technique!

    Hope you are staying warm! Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts on where you live and why, Jill....made my heart 'warm' again! : )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!